The Bussell Clan

A place for family & friends

Thursday, January 3, 2008

St Augustine trip to Lighhouse and Fountain of Youth


Here is a new slideshow from us while we were in St. Augustine. The first picture is of the RV in Faver-Dykes campground. Then we travel to the lighthouse where you can see the watch keeper's house followed by the 158' lighthouse. Next is the view up the staircase to the top. Michael's picture truly surprised me. I was coming around one side of the top when he met me in the middle also holding on. He said there were too many people up there and he did not feel comfortable. Never mind the fact that I had already cleaned the other half from 3 foot up to the five foot level where I had rubbed my arm against the side. The watchkeeper called me a "wall hugger". Of course the next picture is of me in the stairase while we were waiting on people to climb up and down the staircase. I do not like heights and we were only half way up the lighthouse when my husband took this picture, only to wait until he stopped laughing so he could hold the camera still :) Another view of the lighthouse from the GROUND!! We then went to the old town house where we played checkers. This is a picture of a tractor my father had minus the belly mower. Michael lassoed the cow head and made it. The boys primed the pump and pumped water out the old fashioned way. Michael said this was fun, tilling the ground. I explained to him it was "fun" because the ground was soft and not hard packed. This was my trip to the Fountain of Youth, while the boys went to Ripleys Museum. First is Ponce de Leon followed by the peacock they have wandering around the grounds. The last picture is of an indian memorial, sorry it is not too clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home